Maximizing Your Travel Benefits: How To Use Amex Airline Credit On United Travel Bank
Greetings fellow travelers! As someone who loves to explore different places, I know how important it is to get the most out of your travel benefits. One of the perks of having an American Express (Amex) credit card is the airline credit that comes with it. If you’re planning to fly with United Airlines, you can use your Amex airline credit on their travel bank. In this article, I’ll show you how to do it and how you can make the most of this benefit.
What is Amex Airline Credit?
Amex airline credit is a benefit that comes with certain Amex credit cards. It’s a statement credit that you can use to pay for incidental fees charged by airlines. These fees can include baggage fees, in-flight food and beverage purchases, flight change fees, and more. The amount of the credit varies depending on the card you have, but it can range from $100 to $250 per year.
What is United Travel Bank?
United Travel Bank is an online account that you can use to store funds for future United Airlines purchases. You can use it to pay for flights, baggage fees, seat upgrades, and more. It’s a convenient way to manage your travel expenses and save money on your next United Airlines trip.
How to Use Amex Airline Credit on United Travel Bank
To use your Amex airline credit on United Travel Bank, you need to follow these steps:
- Log in to your Amex account and find the airline credit section.
- Select United Airlines as your preferred airline.
- Make a qualifying purchase with United Airlines that triggers the airline credit.
- Within a few days, you should see a statement credit for the amount of your purchase.
- Log in to your United Travel Bank account and use the credit towards your next United Airlines purchase.
Tips for Maximizing Your Amex Airline Credit on United Travel Bank
Here are some tips on how you can make the most of your Amex airline credit on United Travel Bank:
- Plan ahead: Make sure you know what fees you can use the credit for and plan your purchases accordingly.
- Use the credit early: Don’t wait until the end of the year to use your credit. Use it as soon as possible to avoid forgetting about it.
- Combine credits: If you have multiple Amex credit cards that come with airline credits, you can combine them to use on a single United Airlines purchase.
- Keep track of your credits: Make sure you keep track of how much of your credit you’ve used and how much is left.
Using Amex airline credit on United Travel Bank is a great way to save money on your next United Airlines trip. By following these tips and tricks, you can maximize your benefits and make the most of your travel experience. Happy travels!